• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the XD file though the prototype link is still working.

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

I did the UI design and prototype for my project on XD and it was saved in my files (I use Mac). I was working on illustrator for a report and when I tried swtiching apps to adobe XD, it asked me to sign in to my adobe ID, and so i did that. But after that, i cant find the file anywhere on my PC (when i search in finder) but the file name shows when i right click on the adobe XD icon (please see image) but the file isnt opening at all. 

I even have the link to my prototype which i earlier shared, but the original file seems to be missing and not opening (it onlt shows when i right click on adobe xd icon) Can someone please help??! How do i recover the raw XD file?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gauthami,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open the file in XD. We would like to know if you have tried signing out of XD and Creative oud app and restarted the machine. If that doesn't help, and if it was a cloud file please check if you're able to open the file from here https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and then try to download the file.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test it with another XD scratch file. Will that happened again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I would like to follow up here. Would you mind telling us if the issue has been resolved or if you still need further assistance on the issue?

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines