• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to record audio while recording prototype

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XD mic settings on, restarted XD, switched mics from the normal mic to a different headset, and successfully tried the mic on different apps. I cannot seem to record my prototype and narrate at the same time. When I record and press "enable microphone," no sound records. I am on an up-to-date Mac.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared on this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-voice-recording-does-not-work-on-mac-10-13-6/td-p/10316174?page=1

If it doesn't help, could you please confirm if you are able to record audio while recording your screen generally? It doesn't need to be any particular app, please try recording your home screen of your Mac and test if you are able to record the audio?

Regards

Ri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared on this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-voice-recording-does-not-work-on-mac-10-13-6/td-p/...

If it doesn't help, could you please confirm if you are able to record audio while recording your screen generally? It doesn't need to be any particular app, please try recording your home screen of your Mac and test if you are able to record the audio?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem i have problems only with adobe's xd recording while everything else is fine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm the version of Adobe XD and the Operating System. And could you please confirm this if you are able to record your screen with audio in general, not specifically working on XD?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am having this issue and have tried all the solution here, I also don't have soundflower installed so can't work out how to fix. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/not-able-to-record-voice-and-audio-playbacks-even-my-microph...

In case if this doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Please try recording a screen with audio on any different app? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD microphone recording is not working anymore MacOs 10.13.6 - XD 31.2.12.4.
Microphone works in all others application. 

Voice command works when holding spacebar. But no audio recording.

I wish Adobe had a way to reset the audio to make this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem, I just uninstalled Soundflower but could not find detailed instructions on how it was resolved further. Can Adobe please put out detailed instructions on their sound/recording configurations? It seems to be a common problem for us.

I can record, and use voice commands on this mac, the ONLY thing not recording my audio is Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacBigSur v11.2.1 with Adobe XD 37.0.32.10. While in Preview and turn "Record" it will not record any speech playback or audio recording at all. I'm able to record screen, audio or video using Quicktime without any issues. I see a lot of post about this but there is no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the mic in XD isnt working form me either. Ive tested it by recording my screen in Quicktime which works fine.

Im running 10.13.6 on a Mac Book Pro. Im running XD version 33.1.12.4.

I do not have any Sunflower extensions as far as Im aware. 
Please advise, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nick, I too have been unable to record sound since last update from 31.2.12.4 and I'm running version 37.1.32.2 now. Had Adobe tech do a remote to my Mac Desktop and spent well over an hour removing, reinstalling and checking everything that is needed to no avail back on March 2nd. I know it used to work since I still have a copy of a test run I did on the previous version. I know my mic is working cause I can use the voice dictation right on the art board and every other Adobe product that can use voiceovers.
This has to be a bug introduced in the latest update is my only thought.
My Particulars
Mac Pro Mid 2010ā€ØOS Mojave 10.14.6ā€ØAdobe XD 37.1.32.2ā€ØMic Samson CO1U usb
Have the XD checked off in the Security & privacy In Pref's for the Microphone and in Accessibility too.
I Never had the Soundflower app on my computer.
I even tried to run it on High Sierra 10.13 and it will not record sound.

So I can sympathize with what you all are going through. Can't wait to get a solution to this problem.
I know this isn't much help but that quite a few of us are in this same boat together.  šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines