• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to rename the layer with double click in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a new component, I want to rename it then I go to components view and double-click to rename.

Then it flashes and prevents me to rename it. The only solution is to go right-click and rename. Also, a toolbar starts appearing in the rename area? But this isn't a rich-text area, it's simply a text field. So this is bug.

Here is a video:

Rename double-click bug Video 

Rich Text Toolbar bug on rename?

Adobe XD Bug with toolbar on rename.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't the expected behavior to be sure. This looks like an issue with the graphic driver to me. Can you try updating the graphic driver of your computer by visiting the manufacturer's site? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble renaming the components by double clicking a layer in Adobe XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on my windowds machine. We would like to know a few more details to investigate about the issue-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening only with linked components or with all the components that you create?
  • Is it happening with a specific file or with all the file?

We would request you to please try creatung a new component in a new file and let us know if you are able to rename the component.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the OS & XD version of your machine?

my OS is WIN10 ,  XD is 23.1.32.2.

Is it happening only with linked components or with all the components that you create?

Yes, both will happen

Is it happening with a specific file or with all the file?

it happening with a specific file , All files created before the update are not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry I was sick for a few days.

What is the OS & XD version of your machine?

XD Version: 23.1.32.2 (latest)

Windows 10: updated

Nvidia / Intel Drivers: up to date (hasn't been updated since 2015 anyways)

Is it happening only with linked components or with all the components that you create?

You can't rename linked components, so it's not that, you can see in the video it's not a linked component. It's happening on my own components I create.

Is it happening with a specific file or with all the file?

I am able to create new files with this behaviour not existing. It seems to happen after a while. Then when it happens, I restart XD and then it's fine again and works as expected. So some other action is triggering this behaviour to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed that it's now starting to happen on my Artboard Titles in the new version 24.0.22.19  (Nov 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it's also happening on Text element on the pasteboard - double click and nothing happens. Funnily enough, I can then switch to another app and when I return to XD, it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I am so sorry to hear that, hope you are fine now and thank you for sharing the details. We will check with the team and get back to you shortly in case we need any further information from your end. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Would you mind telling if you're working on the dual monitor?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am.

Dual Monitor Setup

• DELL U2412M
  • DELL U2713HM 

Dual graphics card setup:

• Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: It now seems to happen on text, artboard names, components, layer names and anything that can be renamed it seems.

Temporary Solution:

I have found that when it happens, you can open a new or another document - or simply just switch to a currently open document - and the rename issue doesnt seem to happen in the "other" document you switch to it. Once I double click anything with text to edit it in the "other" document, I can then go back to the first document it was happening with, and then it doesn't happen anymore. It's as if the second document somehow resets this behaviour. 

This leads me to believe that this isn't a graphics card or monitor related issue, because both XD documents would be open on the same monitor and graphics card. It seems to be App related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines