• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to scroll in user testing previews links in XD.

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still unable to create a desktop preview to show clients that will scroll. See attached pic. The blank white area below the car racing photo is supposed to have content. Artboard is 1920 x 4132, viewport is 1080. I've tried this on 3 computers in our shop, same result for each (all using Chrome). All artboards are set with vertical scrolling enabled. I get the same result in presentation and user testing preview modes. Please help, I'm unable to send previews to clients with this glitch.Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.00.01 PM.png<The Title was renamed by moderator in XD>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean that there's no visual clue that indicates the fact that there's more to scroll to below the bottom of the viewport (the scroll bar is missing). You're technically able to scroll with e.g. a mouse wheel or swiping on a track pad. But I can confirm the absence of the scroll bar in the Desktop Preview and Chrome. Of course you could instruct any viewers or test users to use any scroll gesture. But I agree, it's a strange flaw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks appreciate the reply but no, there's no ability to scroll, via mouse or trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it must be a different and more serious bug or glitch.

Could you post such a link, and/or share such a XD file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having the exact same issue and was searching to see if others were experiencing it as well. I can actually provide the videos from usertesting.com, but users are unable to scroll using the link provided. Not sure if it is a server issue or what. We have had 2 out of 3 and 3 out of 4 in the last two user testing sessions. These are wasted tests that we have to pay for as well. I tried to upload the XD file, but this platform does not support the file type.  Link to the prototype >>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue as you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to see the scroll in the prototype links. If heard you right, you are looking for this funtionality: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34467730-show-scro...

If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Please let me know if i misunderstood your question. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

No, literally the user is unable to scroll using a mouse or trackpad. The prototype is basically fixed to the viewport only. Vertical scrolling is enabled in the XD file as well. This seems to be intermittent, but happening a lot. 5 out of 7 user tests had the issue that we tried. I can provide the user testing videos for validation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating it. Yes, it would be really helpful if you can share the video for better understanding.I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. I will grab the links and post them here in the next day or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines