• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see fixed position elements in Preview mode in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i installed the newest Version of Adobe XD. 

Tried to do an Object as a fixed one (so it doesnt move when scrolling). 

The Object is gone in Preview mode...

How do i fix this fixing problem? 😄 

<The title was edited by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually they moved this feature from the dashboard to the prototype section, All you have to do is select an object and click on a prototype, in the end, you will found a checkbox with the name fix position when scrolling. Let me know if it works for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for anwering. And yes i know that also did it like that. But still when everything is done the object itself is gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I confirm what you mentioned Maninder_Kaur. In the Prototype section, you'll find the function fix position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes there is the function. But it doesnt work. The fixing object itself is gone when i'm doing it like so. Thats my problem 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for that make sure you select all the objects and make it as a group and then select that group and fix scrolling position. Or just may be you can send me a video where you are facing issue. May be i can help you to resolve the issue. Let me know if the above solution works for you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes also tried that. Doesnt work. I've also looked if all the elements are on the foreground...

On the video you can see the problem.  First i tried every wanted object. Then as a group. It just dissapears.

And then you can see they're only gone because of the fixing option. I asked my friends and they have the same problem as i.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind can you please share me that particular art board file. May be i can resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. In addition to what Italo and Maninder has said, we would also like to know if this is happening with all the files or with a specific file? Could you please try creating a sample file and then try to fix the position of the object and see if you're able to see thoses elements in preview?

I would also like to know the OS and XD version of your machine. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for helping. I tried many new files and the problem is always the same. After all that now i switched to version 22.5.12.1 of adobe xd in hope it would work. It doesnt. But i think i found the problem ... it seems like the object has to be ABOVE the line to be seen. In the Video you can see what i mean 🙂 And i'm working with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 //

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that you resolved this issue. I was thinking the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea now we know the issue but the problem is still there... an update would be great huh 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We are really happy that your problem has been solved. And we thank you for sharing the solution with the entire community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines