• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see right font set variants for few fonts in XD

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using certain fonts in Adobe XD the various sets that is contained within fonts are automatically selected by XD, and to make it worse, the correct one is shown while editing, but not when you exit the textbox! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this, so annoying to have to exit XD, make a PNG of the text i need, and paste that into XD again...

Or if anyone has a way of fixing this, please let me know. Im happy to modify the font itself if needed. 

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 09.47.02.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 at 09.47.08.png

<Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We would like to know few more details like-

• The name of the font. Does that happen with every font?
  • Please share the XD and the OS version of your machine.
  • Does that happen with every textbox?

I will try my best to investigate the issue here.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is with a font Called Memorian. It is available through Typekit, but we are using a purchased font our client. They behave the same way. with multiple set variants. Theese sets are available though the little "O" symbol in the bottom of the text box while using InDesign, but not in XD and it seems it defaults to variant with the most annoying decoration... hehe.

I've attached a screenshot for what it looks like in InDesign when using the font and opening the little menu on the "O".

So far i think it its only this font i've had the issue with. So its not a major issue. But it is annoying when working with this one customer.

I've had the same issue in 40.1.22 and whatever the most recent version is (don't have the MacBook available to see number now). Both my iMac Pro and Macbook Pro are running version 11.2.3 OSX. Have had the same issue for several months and versions, so dont think that is the cause. 

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 09.25.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines