• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see the changes made in the XD file version (22.7.12.3).

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ongoing issue with Adobe XD files where changes are made by myself or a colleague on another machine and syncing seems to happen but when the files are opened the changes aren't present.

This is a disaster as we grow our team if we can't be sure that changes made team members will be reflected when synced.

Syncing needs to be bullet proof.

I've looked at Cloud versions but I find the file management a poor second cousin to Windows or Mac file system management.

This issue has been unchanged for at least a year.

FYI we do keep our products upto date for all installed license holders.

<The Title was edited by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guthrie,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble working on the XD files and unable to see the changes made in the file. We would like to know when you made the changes in the file, did you save the file or closed it without saving? Is this the cloud file or local file?

In order to recover the file, we would suggest to get in touch with out support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. However, our developer team is working on this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collabora... for making improvements in the future releases.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are locally saved files sync'd with the CC app.

They are absolutely saved before saving but something is going wrong at the point of syncing.

In some cases a 'conflict' file is generated but not always and sometimes the conflict doesn't have the latest changes it just makes the whole process more confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. We would like to understand more about this. Would you mind sharing the workflow you are following for the collaboration on the same document? Are you collaborating on the cloud document and then saving it as a local copy?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No It's local copy to local copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which method of file sharing you are using from Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing with the Mac desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guthrie-Faxi, thanks for sharing the information, I would like to know if there is any specific reason to use local documents over Cloud Documents in XD?

You can simply invite other users to edit the file and accept changes as well. In case you haven't given it a thought, here are all the details that you would required to get started.

Thank, 

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Offline editing and file organisation.

Even in 2019 there are a lot of connectivity issues and having to load files from the cloud for every edit, especially on the larger docs is not a perfect solution.

Secondly

I find organising and maintaining verion control over work isn't as easy as the standard folder structure of most desktop files systems. XD cloud docs are not easily organised compared other services.

Solve those and I'd go cloud native everytime.

I've a mix of cloud and local, for me the jury is out on cloud native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines