• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see the existing link with in XD file.

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to open an XD document, go to the Share tab, and click on a link that was created so I could add comments, etc. I was able to click the link though not manage it because I don't won the file. Well now I am no longer able to even see the link...I really hope this is a bug because I would like to access my links from my files and not the stupid "Manage Links" library which is a giant pain in the ass!

<Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

From the screenshot attached, I can see that the "Link" drop-down is enabled in Share mode PI. Can you click it once and open the drop-down to check if published links are getting displayed in there? Thanks!

cr_ss_enabled.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please share the screenshot of your About XD info page. Is that happening with every file or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks.

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

It looks like this issue is effecting files that have been created since the new updates. In my older files I am still able to see the Share links. I attached a screenshot to show that I am not able to see any links on the Share page though one was created. I am an editor on the document and not the original creator.

Thanks,

Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot, Leigh. So to summarize the situation, you're saying with the latest update XD 40.1, the editor of the document is not able to see share links for the files created a newer version. Is the owner of the document is able to see all the share links at his end?

In the meantime, I'll check with the team regarding this problem

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The owner of the document is able to see all links. The editor(s) of the document lose the ability to see the links as soon as the owner or anyone else makes an update to the document. The owner must update the link with every single change or the editor(s) can't see the links within the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explaination. I have forwarded the issue to our team and I am waiting for their response. I will get back to your shortly. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screenshot attached, I can see that the "Link" drop-down is enabled in Share mode PI. Can you click it once and open the drop-down to check if published links are getting displayed in there? Thanks!

cr_ss_enabled.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy crap, I NEVER would have tried that! It does allow me to see the link but it still feels like this is a bug to be fixed. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Nice to hear you're able to see the links. The team will definitely take a look if there is anything that needs to be fixed. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines