• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select transition to tap event

Advisor ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was removed and the explenation was duplicate but you guys need to read the posts better cause it was far from a duplicate to the link presented.

Let's take this again. I'm unable to change the transition type on components with a hover state and a tap state as the transition type is grayed out and set default to the silly Dissolve, there's no way to select anything else on the tap event. If I remove the hover event I'm able to select a different transition to the tap event. So it's obviously a bug cause it says on the Adobe help site that having both a hover and a tap event on the same component is not an issue in terms of selection transition type.

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We tried to reproduce this issue but unable to reproduce it.

It will be great if  you can send me the temp file for which you are getting below issue :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-select-transition-to-tap-event/td-p/11273638?page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perry Brus,

We haven't seen any updates on this issue for long. Would you mind telling us if your issue was resolved? Please feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance on the issue.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue not resolved. Same problem on all CC installments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Sad to hear that. Do you get a chance to share the information asked by Nidh so that she can investigate on the issue and escalate it further?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own the files, its against corporate rules to publish or share any of these files I'm afraid. That goes for all work I do. I suggest Adobe further their testing for the Xd application in order to make it more stable. As pointed out numerous times on this forum we feel beeing part of an experiment, having to use a software that acts more like a beta product than fully qualified program. Releasing software with such obvious faults and errors to see if the users can act as crash test dummies is not very user friendly. XD is by FAR the most unstable application in the CC suite and is not iterated in a proper manner. There's just too many releases, instead you should take the time to really test the product under different circumstances. Just saying "we are unable to reproduce it" is very passive. If your not able to reproduce it then it actually strenghtens the theory of a buggy software. It acts differently under different setups. Mac and Windows versions are very different in that respect. I hope Adobe can return to a better iteration like it was when there was one single release per year. Since the days of the hardcopy its been a firm road to unstability and increasingly buggy results. I've been using Adobe programs for over 22 years now and we are experiencing more bugs and errors today than ever before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Please share a dummy file with similar behaviour as it will help us to investigate on the issue and escalate it further.

It would be great if you can record a video of the issue you are facing.

Thanks

Nidhi Shree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an application error, so I guess you need to study the application code in order to straighten out XD. There's no answers to be found in any local file that I may produce. Please read my post and error description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines