Unable to undo or Ctrl +Z, XD crashes and lost 4hrs of work.

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 XD version 4.0.1.

Working all morning on a mockup stored on the cloud.  All day I have been unable to undo - can't CTRL Z and the Edit > Undo is disabled.

I eventually get sick of not being able to make mistakes so I decide to exit and relaunch.  Unfortunately I can't.  Pressing the close red X doesn't do anything.  Going to File > Close doesn't do anything.  Alt+F4 does nothing.  So I go to task manager and kill the app.

I re-launch and all the work I have done is gone - and I still wasn't able to undo or close the application.

The application has been performing very poorly in recent weeks.  It crashes on me at least once a day.  2 or 3 times a day something strange happens - like I can't edit text or move things until I close and re-open the application.

<Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Data loss, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Steven,

We are sorry for the frustration and bad experience with XD app. We would request you to please try these steps in sequence.

• Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud app.
  • Kill all Adobe processes from the Task Manager.
  • Restart the machine.
  • Sign back to Creative Cloud and XD.

Please ensure you have the Creative Cloud Desktop app up to date as well and let us know if that helps.

For the Editing text issue- there is already a bug in place and we are having a similar discussion happening here; https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/td-p/10763397

we would request you to please join the discussion.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines