Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use assets (colors e.g.) for parts of a text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am building my xd design and noticed that I can't apply assets (colors e.g.) only to marked parts of the text - so I only can apply it to the whole text.

ChrizZlyX_0-1618909309969.png
This is the result:

ChrizZlyX_1-1618909333374.png

Do you have a solution to do that?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi Chriz, 

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue in the latest version. Which Xd version are you using? 

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Hello Jagriti,

it seems that I had an old version - I expected that adobeXD can update itself or show available updates.
I even had a bug there. If I clicked on "updates" nothing happened. So I made it manually.
The issue got solved by the update, thank you.

ChrizZlyX_1-1619080050849.png

Best regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old bug, here is my workaround until it's fixed Re: Can't change colour to highlighted text - Adobe Support Community - 11733327

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monterxz,

thanks for the hint.

What you described is a workaround which doesn't solve my issue, yet.

I know, how to apply the color to highlighted text in general, but not with the use of assets.

I build UI Designs for websites with AdobeXd, and I need the assets function to apply colors very fast and adjust them all over the website simultaniously.
The question is, how can I do that - is there already a bugfix or is anything planned?
A workaround to apply one color simultaniously would also be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a designer myself and have no relation to Adobe, so I don't know if they plan to fix it. I have some other issues with Adobe XD right now so I'm checking this forum regularly and try to help others if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chriz, 

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue in the latest version. Which Xd version are you using? 

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jagriti,

it seems that I had an old version - I expected that adobeXD can update itself or show available updates.
I even had a bug there. If I clicked on "updates" nothing happened. So I made it manually.
The issue got solved by the update, thank you.

ChrizZlyX_1-1619080050849.png

Best regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monter, thank you for the help. I didn't want to offend you, if it felt like that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great that you no longer face the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines