Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use "Edit in Photoshop" option in XD

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with feature 'edit in photoshop', it works only for the first time. Then, when I try it again, nothing happens. It is even unable to export any other asset using option 'Export selected' after this 'edit in photoshop issue' occur. Only way to get it working is to restart XD and then I have a possibility to use 'edit in photoshop' once again. I tried to reinstall Photoshop and XD, still the same story. I don't have any plugins installed.

Windows 10

Photoshop version: 22.2

XD version: 36.2.32

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jakub

<The Title was renamed by the moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi JaKub,

Thanks a lot for reaching out. The team is aware of the issue and will be fixed in a future release.

Thank you so much,

Corina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jakub,

I am sorry for the frustration of not able to use the "Edit in Photoshop" option in XD. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on my windows machine. Would you mind trying to sign out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in? Does that happen with this specific file or all the files?

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

thanks for your reply. I signed out, restarted the machine, signed back in and the problem still occurs. It happens with all the files. However, I tried this option through the context menu (right click on an image) and it works. So, the problem occurs only when I use the option through the list of layers. Which is not such a big deal and it doesn't stop me anymore.

Thank you,

Jakub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JaKub,

Thanks a lot for reaching out. The team is aware of the issue and will be fixed in a future release.

Thank you so much,

Corina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

after update to  version 42.1.22, its showing disabled "Edit in Photoshop" button. how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you still seeing this issue? I cannot reproduce on the latest XD version.

Are you mac or win? Are you trying to user from context menu or from layers pane?

What PS version you have installed on your machine

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines