Highlighted

Unable to use text tool fluency in XD

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many artboards, when I modify design, the text tool always does not work.After double the text layer, no cursor appeared, but the text is selected in the left layer panel. All the file is frozen, end up to close this file and reopen it can works properly. My team members all have faced this problems. I have updated to the latest version. 

Another issue I want to raise is the XD community reply button is not work, after i click it, it is missing. Only missing just like a joke. 

XD Information.png

3.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to use text tool fluency in XD

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many artboards, when I modify design, the text tool always does not work.After double the text layer, no cursor appeared, but the text is selected in the left layer panel. All the file is frozen, end up to close this file and reopen it can works properly. My team members all have faced this problems. I have updated to the latest version. 

Another issue I want to raise is the XD community reply button is not work, after i click it, it is missing. Only missing just like a joke. 

XD Information.png

3.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing with the text tool. We would like to know the OS build you are using. Is it happening with specific text box or all the text in the file? Have you tried switching to different application for a while and the coming back to XD and see if the text tool starts working?

It's strange that you're unable to reply to the post. Could you please try to open the post to a different browser and see if that works? If not, please connect with me over a private message. 

I will try my best to help.

Note: Please send me the link of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue with the type tool.  Adobe XD v 28.4.12.3, CCS 4.3.36.1, running on Win10 Enterprise v1903, OS Build 18362.752.

I haven't identified a pattern yet but in the past 2 days it has happened 3 times.  The text cursor will disappear. After that the cursor is gone no matter what tool you select.  You can't click out of a group or select anything else.  You can save the file.  Thus far it is resolved after restarting XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackie,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with XD type tool where text cursor disappears. We have the current version of XD as (28.6). Would you mind updating XD to the current version and let us know if that helps?

I would also suggest try switching to differenet application whenever it happens for a while and then come back to XD.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines