• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNDO does not work

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My frustration is massive, this problem has been persistent for almost one year. With some versions after 3.4 it was solved for a while but now, it appeared again: UNDO doesn't work - neither keyboard, nor contextual menu, nothing. This happens if I use some effects - shadows, gradients, layer modes - then the UNDO stops existing. Customer support is absolutely ... unsupportive. It is very very very disappointing, after having used Adobe products for dozens of years, to have now products which simply cannot be used for professional work yet claiming to be professional, cost and time unproof. 

And, as a cherry on the cake, it continues crashing here and there while saving, or when the pc gets to a sleep mode. I wonder - why would one release new features while the product is not yet stable with the existing ones. Very frustrating. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tandora,

I completely understand your frustration and apologize for not getting much help from the support team. I will try my best to investigate the issue. If you'd allow us to troubleshoot, I would like to know a few details of your system. 

• Are you using a mac or windows operating system?
  • The version of Adobe XD you are using?
  • Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?
  • Does that happen only when you apply shadows, gradient, or layer mode?

I would suggest switching your focus for a while from XD to another application or screen and then come back to XD and see if that helps.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

1 I am using the latest updates of WINDOWS 10

2 I am using the latest version of XD - 36.0.32

3 It happens with any file - I cannot find any dependency or relation. Right now it happened with a file with 1 artboard only, no raster images, when I used the shadow filter. Neither ctrl+z, nor Undo... menu work. 

4 It doesn't happen when I use shadows or filters etc. only, but most of the times, this can be ruled as the reason. It just suddenly stops working properly. If I close the file and open it again, everything works for a little while and then again, stops (if I am lucky enough not to get a crash before that!)

With some versions previous to this last one, the problem got solved but now it reappeared with the latest version update.

XD uses between 1-2GB of my RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the additional information. This is definitely very difficult to test as the behavior is not consistent with any specific pattern. I would like to know if the problem persists with XD 36.1 version and XD is still using the RAM. If so, then please generate the Crash Dump and Adobe Logs and upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

It would be really helpful if you can share the XD file causing the increase in memory so that our product team can investigate it 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines