• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update link is not updating the prototype and only allowing to create a new link in XD.

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac. XD 6.0.12.6

I have lost the ability to update a previously shared protoype link. Now when I click the share button, the only option I see is to name, and create, a new one. If I check my shared protoypes in "manage published links" I can see my prototype that was last edited 12 days ago.

Obviously I don't want to create new and deviate my users from the URL they have saved.

How do i continue to update the original link?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I have the same issue. I had no problem with my published links since the beggining but today I do.

I'm sharing my files with many people and XD acts like I've never shared my files before. Asking me to Save my files online in order de share it. 

Creating a new link and inviting people again is really not an option for me. 

Can you please help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I'm having the same issue. Last week I shared a link (be email invitation) and now I had made changes but the Update link option is grayed out.

Creating a new link everytime I do a change is not a viable option

This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble updating link in XD. Would you mind telling if you are on the latest version of XD (24.4.22.1)? Is the file created in the older version of XD?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I would like to also report that I am having the same issue, but it was working fine a couple of hours ago.

Would appreciate a fix.

Thanks!

p.s. Software is fully updated.
The "update link" was available a few hours (actually more like 30 minutes ago) but is currently not working - as the previous comment has mentioned, the "Update Link" button is not active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the inactive update link button? Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Had this issue today and it seems like it was solved by doing a slight namechange of the flow (not the linkname), ex "Flow 1" to "Flow 1.2".

Then when I then hit Update the prototype seem to update like it should.

Hope it can help anyone.

Cheers,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines