• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating cloud (design system) assets does not update Artboards in another linked doc

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short I'm getting really confused by how assets/libraries/design systems work - and how they update (or don't) items on Artboards.

Previously I'd create an XD document on the cloud and 'link' it in another XD document assets. Then I could use any of the assets from the cloud (design system) document. In additional to this, if I changed any colours or font styling in the cloud doc this could/would be updated in my other doc by clicking a big blue "Update" button which would change not only the assets in the panel but also update the styling on any Artboards.

Now, I've created a doc on the cloud to be my 'design system'. My other working doc doesn't seem to have the same 'link' option in Assets, instead it has "Browse Libraries" - I can see my cloud document here but can't select it (it is 'Published')

I can also see the cloud doc under "Libraries" and clicking on that does give me all the Assets I'd expect (all the ones that are in the cloud doc).

The problem is, if I update any of the colours or font styling in the cloud doc and 'update'. The assets seem to update in the panel ...but nothing changes on the Artboard? I've tried this a few times but nothing!

What am I doing wrong, has this changed? Or is the update feature not available anymore?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export , Missing feature , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so if I go to File > "Link Cloud Document Assets..." I get a message say they're linked - but nothing in "Document Assets"

If I then go through the Cloud documen via Library and apply styling from their now then if I go back to "Document Assets" they start appearing one by one as they're used.

...is that right? That's really, really annoying. So once I go through this doc and link everything. If I were to create a new XD doc for the same project. I wouldn't be able to see all the assets available in "Document Assets" until I've applied/used them? Kinda defeats the benefit of this system if you have to go back/forth between libraries to add them?

I assume I must be doing this wrong, cause that can't be right??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines