• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating linked component in working doc is erasing/adding new elements/not impacting

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master documennt where I'm building all my design system components to be used in other working files. When I go to hover over the blue link icon to preview the update to the linked component in my working document where I've used this table component extensively, it does 1 of 3 different things. 

1. Erases the component entirely
  2. Adds new text elements that previously weren't there
  3. Doesn's seem to impact it at all

Screenshots attached. 

All I did was adjust the way the dividing line moved in relation to the text elements when resized vertically. So I need to understand why these three different things are happening across linked components that I copied the rest from so the update behavior should be the same and not producing these results and this bug needs to be fixed. If I can't rely on updates to my linked component to update correctly across documents and even consistenly within the same document, then why should I be trying to use them at all. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. We'll need to test this on our end, so will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to the shared location and you can DM the link to me. I'd also request to test it with a new component and check if it is happening with the new component or not?

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines