Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT! change component states on different screens

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in trouble !!!
My prototype has: two screens, a menu to move between the two screens and two buttons on each screen. I would like to change the state of the buttons on one of the screens and keep the change when navigating to the other screen.
For example, selecting a checkbox on screen 1 and when navigating to screen two, find the checkbox already selected.
I have no idea how to do this...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Hi Daniel.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do exactly what you're trying to, for now. You cannot change the state of a component that is on a different screen, or preserve anything from the screen you are on.

You can replicate this by pre-setting the component on the second screen to have the activated state (checked checkbox), but that is quite limiting if you are trying to show a large amount of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do exactly what you're trying to, for now. You cannot change the state of a component that is on a different screen, or preserve anything from the screen you are on.

You can replicate this by pre-setting the component on the second screen to have the activated state (checked checkbox), but that is quite limiting if you are trying to show a large amount of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it ... Thanks for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Spas suggestion, we have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page, please upvote this request to add voice to this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines