• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CC Color Palettes in XD

Participant ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XD tutorials show using the CC color palettes in XD, however, when I open my CC library from within XD it is empty and says "39 unsupported elements". How do I access the color palettes in CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: What version of XD do you use and on which OS?!

File > Open CC Libraries…

The «Unsupported elements» are not the colors i guess.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-21 um 00.07.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that this thread is still relevant. Unsuported elements in this library
and that Adobe is still working on adding support for some elements.
The colours should be supported though.
Can you upload a screenshot of your CC Libraries when opened via XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. Individual colors are supported, but color palettes (made and saved in CC) are NOT supported, which is a shame because that's how I make my color palettes for projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually at least in the latest iteration of XD, you can get the color palettes as shown in this screenshot:

colors in xd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you colors saved in "Color" section of CC Libraries?.

Also please try to create colors in Adobe  Color​  and download them into your CC Library  to test that all works fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colors show up, the issue is the color palettes. I'm guessing they are not supported like they are in PS, Ai, and ID.

When I make a color palette in Adobe Color CC the palette is saved to my library and I can access it from all the other programs except XD. If I save an individual color to swatches from PS, Ai, or ID those swatches show up. Unfortunately this means an additional step as I have to go into another program, save all the swatches, then access them in XD. Versus just being able to access a previously saved palette of full colors.

InDesign-Colour-Themes-Panel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about a color theme or a color library because if you saved swatches and then saved your item to a library then your colors are available in XD.

However if you are talking about extensions/Adobe Color themes, then right, they are not available in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do you get it in document assets without making swatches in document first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines