Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Component states with hover and tap transitioning to another artboard

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a simple text component and given a hover state and a tap state.

On hover, a tooltip shows up.

When I tap on the component, transitioning to another artboard is the function.

Only one works at a time.

Please advise.

Diya

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

You need to use multiple interaction for assigning different iteraction for the same object. Assign tap interaction to component when it is in hover sate: see capture. 

Capture.JPG

Please also review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new/2020.html#multiple-interactions

Also I have attach my youtube video (but in my native languge) about multiple interaction. https://youtu.be/Hs8TZEOKIRI Hope this will help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I undestand right? When you tapping component it shows target artboard. 

1. Tap component

2. Targeted artboard show up

3. tap the same component on the targeted artboard

4. Nothing change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for a quick response. Let me explain my situation in detail:

1. Created a component which includes only text in default state

2. Added a hover state, that would display the tooltip when cursor is on top of the text.

3. Added a tap state, in which, user would be directed to another another on click of the component. (same text component).

Problem facing:

On prototype mode - both functions are not working together. Either the hover (tool tip) works or tap (transition) works.

Desired Solution:

When user hovers on the component, the tool tip would display and on clicking of the same component, the user is redirected to another screen.

Thankyou again.

Diya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use multiple interaction for assigning different iteraction for the same object. Assign tap interaction to component when it is in hover sate: see capture. 

Capture.JPG

Please also review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new/2020.html#multiple-interactions

Also I have attach my youtube video (but in my native languge) about multiple interaction. https://youtu.be/Hs8TZEOKIRI Hope this will help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ares,

Thankyou so much for the reply. It really helped. My issue has been resolved.

Thanks again.

Diya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand I can make two actions if I have two artboards connected. But what about if I want to make it on same artboard?

I am making website design and I would like to have a left and right button with hover and click action. When I click right it slides from slide 1 to 2. Each slide (5 of them) has photo and text. 

About scrolling to infinity I made it easy actually. 😉 Click on right button on fifth slide (5/5) puts you back to slide 1. 

Thank you,

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines