Can you embed a Google Map into XD?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Plug-ins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Hi all,

Thank you for trying the steps mentioned by Preran. We would request you to please raise your request here: https://github.com/boopeshmahendran/AdobeXD-maps/issues/6 and upvote the request to the plugin support page. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

I found a plugin that you could use to include Google Maps in your XD artboard. Check out the Umap plugin. See https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/plugins.html#view for info on installing plug-ins in XD.

Adobe XD now supports scrolling in all directions. You can use Scroll Groups in Adobe XD to do that. For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at the moment, but please feel free to enter a suggestion in UserVoice, our tool for tracking feature requests and bug reports: Adobe XD: Feature Requests: Top (59 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thank you,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the time that the feature makes it to the product, I suggest trying the Maps Generator plugin in Adobe XD.

To install the plugin, select Plugins > Discover Plugins in Adobe XD. Search for Maps Generator

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 1.25.18 PM.png

*Because I have already installed the plug-in, you see the Update button displayed. If you are installing it for the first time, you will see the Install button.

After you install the plugin, the name is displayed under Plugins. Now, do the following:

1. Create a shape on your artboard in which you want to insert the map.
  2. Select Plugins > Maps Generator
  3. Enter the Address under Location, select the Zoom level, and the type of view for the map (Roadmap, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid.)
  4. Click Generate Map.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 1.35.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 1.37.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i do these same process you appear this error: REQUEST HAD AN ERROR: ${REQ.STATUS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. REQUEST HAD AN ERROR: ${REQ.STATUS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you for trying the steps mentioned by Preran. We would request you to please raise your request here: https://github.com/boopeshmahendran/AdobeXD-maps/issues/6 and upvote the request to the plugin support page. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you figured this out? I am getting the same Error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting to fix the bug (REQUEST HAD AN ERROR: ${REQ.STATUS). It's 2 weeks now with the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issues while using the plugin. However, we would like to confirm if you've all submiited your feedback request on the link i've mentioned above as this needs to be taken care by plugin support. 

Once you'll go through the link, you'll see multiple solutions to troubleshoot the issue. We would request you to please go through the steps shared and share your results with the plugin support team.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking in the source, I think I found what the problem is.

const apiKeys = require("./apiKeys.json").apiKeys;

Looks like we may have to make our own API keys file, which I dont see in the source and shoudl not see.
I will make some adjustments possibly and give some instructions after testing my fix.

In the utils  you grab a random API key for maps look like 

function getApiKey() {
const length = apiKeys.length;
return apiKeys[Math.floor(Math.random()*length)];
}

which this is a pluglin that requires the users to depend on your api keys which looks like may have been removed from source, which the API billing will be on the developers dime. I am assuming the file is jsut an array of API keys. You may can go into the plugins folder add the JSON file thats missing , I am testing that as we speak or have to add the file and recompile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may require a credit card from users if they would like to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sara I can help you fix this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temp fix would be to go into the plugin directory and find the plugin and change the API.
You would have to make a google api account  and activate it and set for static google maps api.

Replace the default key with the new key, also take into consideration it may cost. Its about $2.00 every 1000 request, so I recommend to copy and paste and reuse when possible.

Also as mentioned I saw a merge request to give the ability to put your own API key, which means you would have to repeat the steps above.  I actually added the changes to the copy of the plugin that I downloaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to find the Map Generator plugin. Is it still available now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This plugin no longer exsists 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this plugin has been removed from the list. I am checking wiht the team to see if there is anything else you could use in the meantime. Will update this post as soon as I hear from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a plugin that you could use to include Google Maps in your XD artboard. Check out the Umap plugin. See https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/plugins.html#view for info on installing plug-ins in XD.

Adobe XD now supports scrolling in all directions. You can use Scroll Groups in Adobe XD to do that. For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give you the copy that I fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Would be so happy if you could share that map plug in with me (and probably also others 🙂 ..) Is it possible? Also I still look for a plug in which makes it possible for me to use external links. Do you know where to find that?

Thanks in forward!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you maby send me the copy? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the plugin from GitHub but it doesn't really work. Also, it just a screenshot of the map and not the map that you can interact with. I am working on an application that requires map simulation and interactivity.
Would be cool to have an integration of dynamic map like Framer X does with Mapbox studio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4W0MGHNog

How to install and use free Mapbox components for Framer X so you can drag-and-drop your custom maps and location data sets into your prototypes. Now including search box, custom markers, and JSON upload for your locations: http://bit.ly/2GoCusT Watch our latest video tutorials: ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,
Here I've found an alternative to Google Maps 

U Map
you can download with the below link

https://adobe.com/go/xd_plugins_discover_plugin?pluginId=593fc326

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines