• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical alignment of text / elements gets distorted at the other end, if the file is transferred

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been facing the text/elements' vertical alignment issue for the last 2 years. The vertical alignments of the text/elements are perfectly fine at my end but when I share the file to another person, things are not in place at his end. Atleast 1-3 pts of vertical alignment distortion happens even if I share by creative cloud or by email. I can't say it happens to each and every element/text but it happens to most of it.

Another issue I have faced with text area. If text area is defined for a paragraph, sometimes the text area shrinked vertically and crops some of the lines. This happens mostly if I transafer the file, there is a chance other person can't see properly at his end.

These are some frustrating pain points I have been facing for long. Has anybody faced similar issues? Please guide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. It's strange you're experiencing these issues for so long. I can understand the frustration caused because of this. We would like to know a few more details to investigate on both the issues-

• What is the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with a specific file or with a specific text box or with all the files?
  • Are you both (with whon you share the file) working on same OS and XD version?
  • Is it possible for you to share the screenshot of the difference?
  • Could you please share the file with me over a private message so that I can check at my end?

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for the reply. After a lot of experiments and discussions, have found a solution. I think the OS and XD versions have no role in it. Surprisingly it was because of the font installation method. If the font, specially Roboto is installed in one system manually (using Fontbook in Mac) and in the other by using Adobe fonts, then the font height/width issue occurs.

In my case, I dectivated Adobe fonts in my system and unsintalled the Roboto fonts via Fontbook. Downloaded Roboto fonts again from fonts.google.com and reinstalled. The height of all texts was reduced by atleast 1-3 pts. In the other system, Roboto was already installed manually. So we haven't found those issues now. One pain was that I had to realign all text and elements in all the design files after the reinstallation.

You can experiment this at your end and please share if the same solution works for you.

Thanks

Aklanta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines