• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vertical scrolling of content "under" opaque headers and footers (ala Instagram)?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to vertically scroll content "under" fixed position header and footer, but I continue to "see" my content through the header and footer as it scrolls.  Essentially, I need the content to arise from the top of the footer and disappear under the bottom of the header (like Instagram).  Any ideas for a beginning XD user?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Here's how to set it up. Basically, your header and footer should be above everything else in the layers panel, and they should have a white bar as a background, to cover everything. Also, their respective group should have the "Fix Position When Scrolling" on the right enabled.

dstoic_0-1597733723801.png

Here's the prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/7131e4c8-4020-42d9-a30c-146272276ccb-2462/

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with vertical scroll in XD. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your prototype mode showing all the interactions of your design for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Thanks for your reply.  I would prefer to share my prototype privately and not in the entire community.  Is that possible?

Thanks

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can share the screenshot and the link with me over a private message. I would also suggest to take a look at Spas K suggestion and share the results with us.

Note: Please add the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

The workaround from Spas K worked perfectly and made complete sense after he suggested it.  Thanks for your help!

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how to set it up. Basically, your header and footer should be above everything else in the layers panel, and they should have a white bar as a background, to cover everything. Also, their respective group should have the "Fix Position When Scrolling" on the right enabled.

dstoic_0-1597733723801.png

Here's the prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/7131e4c8-4020-42d9-a30c-146272276ccb-2462/

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked beautifully! Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines