This happened several times to me and I finnaly could understand the process I did before getting this issue:
- I have a locally saved prototype, this is company requirement. I cannot change that.
- This prototype has live links, as all adobe XD prototypes that are shared across several company internal forums. Its not possible to change those links, I need to mantain the existing ones.
- I was working today on my prototype, testing the new feature that controls components states on tap. Adobe XD crashed, I did send a crash report.
- After opening the prototype again, my changes were there, but I was not able to save the file again, just save it with another name. This happened to me before and I overwrite my old file causing it to lose all my prototype live links. I had to send an internal email advising everyone involved with the prototype to not use the old link, because of that.
- My call on that note is that when adobe xd auto saves, it does not auto save inside the same file, it auto saves and if I want to keep my lost changes before crashing, I will lose my file when its a local save.