• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to edit Adobe XD code in Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question that I cannot get an answer to. My question is this: Let's say that I have created a website using Adobe XD. I want to be able to edit the html code in Adobe Dreamscape to make changes or revisions such as adding javascript. Can I do this?

My email is REMOVED

[personal information removed for your protection - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[Discussion moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe XD CC]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

The answer is probably not what you want to hear.  XD is a prototyping & design tool only.   It doesn't write HTML, CSS and JavaScript code for you.  You must hand off your XD prototypes to a developer or ocde it yourself manually in Dreamweaver, VS Code or similar code editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ask in the XD forum?

Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is probably not what you want to hear.  XD is a prototyping & design tool only.   It doesn't write HTML, CSS and JavaScript code for you.  You must hand off your XD prototypes to a developer or ocde it yourself manually in Dreamweaver, VS Code or similar code editor.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy OShea​ said, XD is design and prototype... not code. I know many people want the holy grail app that designs and builds a website (or app)... but so far I've really never seen one app that's good at everything from design to producing code. I'll never say never... but I haven't seen anyone do it yet, and would honestly be surprised if I saw someone finally do it.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the EOL, Muse was a pretty good prototyping tool.  But unfortunately  the code Muse generated was horrible to work with.  At least with Dreamweaver and Bootstrap components I can assemble a standards compliant prototype in a  couple of hours.   No exporting required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is more of a code/production tool, and not a good design tool. It's very restricting and time consuming compared to XD when it comes to designing/prototyping.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you. Helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. Helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has helped to clear a lot things up – I genuinely thought Muse was the answer, but now Adobe have scrapped that. Spark would be an ideal solution if you could specify which URL it goes to, rather than a very unprofessional looking generic Adobe jargon-filled URL... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Spark would be an ideal solution if you could specify which URL it goes to..."

Adobe Portfolio supports custom domain names.  And your paid Creative Cloud plan allows you to create up to 5 Portfolio websites which includes free hosting and unlimited pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy, thanks for the reply – it's really appreciated.

I've looked at using Portfolio too, but this is for a client - not myself and it also doesn't have all the functionality and options that I need. In an ideal world(!) I'd design it in XD, be able to export it so that Dreamweaver can read it and do the interactive functions from there – Muse was great for it – I didn't need to know how to code!

Thanks again for your advice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found avocode.com. i do not work for them. it seems to do a LOT of what I was looking for in terms of developer handoff. gets the css styles and the basic DOM structure, ready for the devs (me) to plug in data placeholders/variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avocode is quite similar to XD's "Share for Development" feature, which is included with XD at no extra cost. It's not exactly the same, but similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look deeper into the Share for Development thats in XD. as a developer, what i initially saw on a test from XD was not great. Avocode is looking better at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines