Highlighted

We need a way to disable "smart" quotes when pasting text into XD text items

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this would be a preference (it is in InDesign) or another "Edit > Paste without Quote Conversion" alongside "Edit > Paste", but for some applications it's critical that the "smart quoting" conversion not be done on paste.

Thanks, and I learned you can turn this feature off in the macOS keyboard system preferences.

So it's not really anything XD is doing.

Topics

Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

We need a way to disable "smart" quotes when pasting text into XD text items

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this would be a preference (it is in InDesign) or another "Edit > Paste without Quote Conversion" alongside "Edit > Paste", but for some applications it's critical that the "smart quoting" conversion not be done on paste.

Thanks, and I learned you can turn this feature off in the macOS keyboard system preferences.

Topics

Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like you are talking about this feature:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/14595153-maintain-...

If yes, I'd request you to, please upvote this request as this is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

If that's not what you are talking about, I'd request if you can explain a bit more about the workflow, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, no, this is not about styling, but about the auto-conversion of double straight "dumb" quotes to "smart" (typographer's) quotes. What is needed is some way to paste into a text area without that conversion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am afraid the option isn't available in XD as of now. I would suggest raising a new feature request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link here for tracking purpose.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until there is an actual preference to enable/disable, here is a fix:

Type or paste the quote into your text and when it automatically turns to a smart quote, press Command-Z (macOS) to "undo" and it will revert back to a non-smart quote.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful! Thank you, Chris! Great find.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your findings. This will definitely help our customer to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD in the future.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines