• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welche Adobe XD-Auflösung sollte man anlegen für ein 60" Display

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reicht da Full-HD (also 1920 x 1280) oder sollte das mehr sein ?

which resolution should you prefer for a XD-App on 60" Display ?

can anybody help ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Viewers are probably watching this display from a distance, so there's no need to stick to 72 dpi (or higher). Just take a look at all these large screens you see outside, in shop windows, as billboard displays, take a close look and be surprised how course these images are ! You could create your images at 4K (so at a size of let's say 3840 × 2160 pixels) but unless you want to show off some pristine sharp hi-res videos or photos, no one will be appalled about a lower resolution. Moving images

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The resolution of the screen varies from screen to screen and it totally depends on the user. If I talk about the minimum system requirement, for Mac, it supports Non-retina display however Retina is recommended and for Windows, the minimum requirement is 1280 x 800. I'd recommend exploring XD in different resolutions and then selecting the one in which you are most comfortable.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. The specific question would be: If I create an XD application in full HD, it will display perfectly on my 27 iMac. But now I want the application to run on a 60" display. Will the display be satisfactory or will the image be pixelated?
And if so: can I avoid this by creating the application in higher resolution right away?

Danke für die Antwort. Die präzise Frage wäre: Wenn ich eine XD-Anwendung in Full-HD anlege, wird die auf meinem 27 iMac perfekt dargestellt. Nun soll die Anwendung aber auf einem 60“-Display laufen. Wird die Darstellung dann befriedigend sein oder wird das Bild pixelig?
Und wenn ja: kann ich das vermeiden, indem ich die Anwendung gleich in höherer Auflösung anlege ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. I found a similar discussion on this community where other users shared there experiences and suggestions, please refer to this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/what-retina-monitor-display-resolution-are-you-all-using/m-p...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, what is being negotiated there does not answer the question I am asking. It's simply about finding out if anyone has experience with how a Full-HD application is displayed on a very large monitor (60"). And whether a coarsely pixelated display can be countered by creating the XD application in 2560x1440 px instead of Full-HD (1920x1280), for example.
But I'd like to avoid that, because it would increase the file size.

Das was da verhandelt wird, trifft leider nicht die Frage, die sich mir stellt. Es geht einfach darum zu erfahren, ob jemand Erfahrung damit hat, wie eine Full-HD-Anwendung auf einem sehr großen Monitor (60“) dargestellt wird. Und ob einer grob verpixelten Darstellung dadurch begegnet werden kann, dass man die XD-Anwendung beispielsweise statt in Full-HD (1920x1280) in 2560x1440 px anlegt.
Das würde ich aber gerne vermeiden, weil damit die Dateigröße steigen würde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What matters, is the way in which this 60" display is being used and viewed.

I bet it won't be a desktop screen, used for normal computer work ? Is it a kiosk or some kind of self-service Point of Sale ? Or a socalled digi-board for a classroom or meetingroom ? At what distance will users be watching and touching it ? All these situations have different requirements and various resolutions. At a rough 24 dpi, that 60" digi-board doesn't need so many pixels at all. At 96 dpi, that flashy two-persons virtual ball game table needs all the pixels and horsepower you can imagine...

Tell us more about it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

any other answer ? see below !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. I am checking this with a team and will update the discussion shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

anything new ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 week later: anything new ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you spot my earlier answer ?

The physical screen size isn't the only factor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter Villevoye,
sorry, I hadn't seen your post yet.
Here's the thing: A presentation is to be produced for a trade fair, which on the one hand is to be shown at the customer desk to the counterpart on a laptop, but on the other hand is also to be able to be viewed at a greater distance on a large presentation display at the trade fair stand. Normally I would build the application, which will contain many product images, on 72 dpi and Full-HD. The question is whether this will be enough for the large screen to provide attractive and sharp images.

If you or a community member has experience with this, I look forward to receiving answers.
Greetings !

Hi Peter Villevoye, Sorry, ich hatte Ihren Beitrag noch gar nicht gesehen.
Die Sache ist die: Für eine Messe soll eine Präsentation gefertigt werden, die einerseits am Kundendesk dem Gegenüber auf dem Laptop gezeigt, andereseits aber auch auf einem großen Präsentationsdisplay am Messestand auf größere Entfernung betrachtet werden können soll. Normalerweise würde ich die Anwendung, die viele Produktabbildungen enthalten wird, auf 72 dpi und Full-HD bauen. Die Frage ist ob das für den großen Schirm ausreichen wird, um attraktive und scharfe Darstellungen zu erhalten.

Wenn Sie oder ein Community-Mitglied da Erfahrung haben, freue ich mich auf Antworten.
Grüße !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewers are probably watching this display from a distance, so there's no need to stick to 72 dpi (or higher). Just take a look at all these large screens you see outside, in shop windows, as billboard displays, take a close look and be surprised how course these images are ! You could create your images at 4K (so at a size of let's say 3840 × 2160 pixels) but unless you want to show off some pristine sharp hi-res videos or photos, no one will be appalled about a lower resolution. Moving images even make it easier to cloak any lower resolution, because most part of the image is blurred by motion.

So on a 60" screen, you already get what they regard as "full HD" (1920x1080) on 36 dpi/ppi. 

https://www.saji8k.com/displays/pixel-density/

Also keep in mind that if this large screen is actually and simultaneously showing the laptop's screen, then you need quite a powerful laptop to smoothly render presentations and videos at a 4K resolution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Peter,
Thanks for the info and this link, it is really helpful and solves my problem.
have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines