Highlighted

What happened to 'Push to Master' on right click?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In XD, it used to be that if you right-clicked an instance of a component, there was an option to 'Push to Master.' Does anyone know why this is now missing? And if this option is maybe moved somewhere else?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for raising this up. I will share the help page with our content team and will ask them to update the help article. I will also update you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What happened to 'Push to Master' on right click?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In XD, it used to be that if you right-clicked an instance of a component, there was an option to 'Push to Master.' Does anyone know why this is now missing? And if this option is maybe moved somewhere else?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for raising this up. I will share the help page with our content team and will ask them to update the help article. I will also update you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out. This option is now "Reset to Master Component'. Please see this page for more info Components

Let me know if that answers your question. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be interpreting this incorrectly but 'Push to Master' sounds like you have made a change to an instance which you want to copy over to the Master, in which case you would select Edit Master Component from the right-click dropdown menu then have to change the Master.

If you've made changes to an instance and you want it to revert back to being the same as the Master then you would select 'Reset to Master Component'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset to Master works differently than Push to Master worked. Sjaani​ you are correct... If you made a changed to an instance, and decided that you wanted that change to apply to the master component, you could select Push to Master, and those changes would be applied to the master component, without having to go to the master and manipulating it to match the changes manually. This selection feature can be found on this help page: Components

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines