• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is adobe XD?

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, I've read about it's a website prototyping tool, and all the promotional material that goes with it, etc but I am none the wiser as to what the actual end product is that I can create?

Can I create a fully functioning website that I can actually upload/have hosted on a server? If so, is this a replacement for Dreamweaver? If not, what's the point?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

It's a prototyping tool. The end product is that your client signs off on the design you're proposing. At that point you could start development from scratch, and use the XD prototype as the design document, or you can export PNGs of all of the graphics, at 1x, 2x, and 3x sizes (plus the HiDPI variations for Android) for your developers to use. That would save going back to Photoshop or Illustrator and having to export each element.

There is currently no way to export the interaction, and as I un

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a prototyping tool. The end product is that your client signs off on the design you're proposing. At that point you could start development from scratch, and use the XD prototype as the design document, or you can export PNGs of all of the graphics, at 1x, 2x, and 3x sizes (plus the HiDPI variations for Android) for your developers to use. That would save going back to Photoshop or Illustrator and having to export each element.

There is currently no way to export the interaction, and as I understand it no near future plans. If you go to this page and search for "export interactive" you will some of the related feature requests, and you could vote for the ones you're interested in:

Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see!

So I have a scenario; I need to create an app that has very basic functionality, like a website; nothing fancy just links to various pages showcasing what my practice does, so that when I have an iPad with me and a client I can quickly go through projects.

Is this something that would still require me to get a developer involved? I assume so as you just said there's no way to export interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install the XD mobile app onto your iPad, then view the prototype there. It should work full screen, and links would work. No need for a developer to just demo an XD prototype on iPad.

Adobe XD on the App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines