Highlighted

When developing a website in Adobe XD measurements are bigger than expected in the design

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a huge problem. I had to design a website based in another one, so I made a screenshot of this other web so I can have it as a base, (my screen is 1920x1080). I made a 1920x1080 document in adobe XD and pasted the screenshot there. Then I designed my website following the sizes of the elements of the screenshot and everything seemed fine. BUT. When I sent the developers link to the programmer, and he began coding it, we had the surprise that everything seemed MUCH BIGGER that expected, around 25% bigger. He followed all the measurements in the prototype so it was not his fault. I am new to adobe XD and I really don't understand what had happened and what should I do to solve it. Can anyone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When developing a website in Adobe XD measurements are bigger than expected in the design

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a huge problem. I had to design a website based in another one, so I made a screenshot of this other web so I can have it as a base, (my screen is 1920x1080). I made a 1920x1080 document in adobe XD and pasted the screenshot there. Then I designed my website following the sizes of the elements of the screenshot and everything seemed fine. BUT. When I sent the developers link to the programmer, and he began coding it, we had the surprise that everything seemed MUCH BIGGER that expected, around 25% bigger. He followed all the measurements in the prototype so it was not his fault. I am new to adobe XD and I really don't understand what had happened and what should I do to solve it. Can anyone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of variables in play here. Double check that the dev's browser is not zoomed it. I have seen issues where they have it zoomed in and forget about it. Then look at one element, a title or something. Use the browser's devtools to see the entire CSS that is being applied. That might be the clue you need to solve this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of variables in play here. Double check that the dev's browser is not zoomed it. I have seen issues where they have it zoomed in and forget about it. Then look at one element, a title or something. Use the browser's devtools to see the entire CSS that is being applied. That might be the clue you need to solve this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0