• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When i export to pdf the image within my mask shape increase to a larger size?

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So following the instructions on how to create a mask shape and introduce an image... all straightforward.

Problem occurs when i export to pdf the image within the mask increases to a ridiculous size within the mask shape. What am i doing wrong?

The original image/shape in XD is perfect - i've tried different work arounds and it only haooens when i use a mask. pics attached

Thx

W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

The reason is that Adobe Xd exports shape with image (Group) and resize it to pdf canvas (paper size)size. You need to select Artboard or use Export----All Artboards. In this case the whole artboard will be resize to pdf canvas size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that Adobe Xd exports shape with image (Group) and resize it to pdf canvas (paper size)size. You need to select Artboard or use Export----All Artboards. In this case the whole artboard will be resize to pdf canvas size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

It was even easier than that in the end - and has made me feel a right lemon!

The reason the images went wrong was because of the preview feature in MAC OS. When viewed in Adobe Acrobast as a pdf all was fine.

Quite a relief as i had an impending deadline to hit - all good for now. Stand down all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to here that all is ok.thanks for confirming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was not fixed even though All Artboard was selected. Pictures in pdf file are problematic again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, same problem, no solution yet. Any tips? thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dergham.design,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Would you mind sharing a short video of your workflow on how you are exporting? Please also share the XD version and your operating system's details.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines