• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When resizing a shape with rounded edges, the rounded edges change shape. Help!

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, when resizing a shape with rounded edges, do rounded edges change shape? What do I need to do to prevent this from happening and the form remains the same? Please help me.

Screenshot_1вава.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Normally if you double-click on a rectangle you will enter the path editing mode. If you then alter the path in any way the rectangle becomes a normal path shape but if you don't change and hit esc it should stay as rectangle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely doesn't look like standard behaviour, I haven't been able to replicate it with any settings.

Have you tried multiple files and is it happening across all of them?

Do you have the latest version of XD?
Which OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! I am using the latest version of the program. Today updated. This is not my first time. Three months ago there was the same situation. When I create rounded shapes, at first they behave normally, and the next day when I need to increase or decrease the size, then such a distortion occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your rounded rectangle has been converted to a shape

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These figures were all created in the program from a simple rectangle. I didn't do anything with them to turn it into forms. Look at some normal and others as forms. And why do they turn into forms? How to avoid it? What should I do?

Screenshot_dd5.jpgScreenshot_12vbc.jpgScreenshot_12efer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally if you double-click on a rectangle you will enter the path editing mode. If you then alter the path in any way the rectangle becomes a normal path shape but if you don't change and hit esc it should stay as rectangle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem without conversion to the shape...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rounded corner rectangle has corner handles, a shape hasn't - do you mean you cannot resize a rounded corner rectangle without affecting the round corner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and it was driving me crazy.  Simply convert the object to a path. Go to Object on top menu, path, convert to path OR press COMMAND/ALT 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

,... .still have this problem now in '21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do still have this problem, I am using a button and the rounded corners apparantly aren't scalable, just like the proportional space around the text, theoretically in every other adobe program when you scale something it works properly but not with xd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also faced the same issue.

But just like atomo said in previous comment, if you change the curved object to path, then resize dont effect the rounded corner.

solution:

select the effecting_object > Object menu > path > convert to path.

now resize wont effect the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off "Responsive Resize" in the right hand panel. That should solve it.Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.50.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines