Highlighted

Which software is better for UI/UX design for beginner?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new student to UI/UX.  I need to choose a software for wireframe and creating an app.  They suggest Illistrator or InDesign.  Which is better for UI/UX design for a beginer?  I already have photoshop and its overwhelming.  I also heard that webflow was good.  

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

For UI//UX, Adobe Xd is a better option, since you can make working prototypes and it's a relatively easy process, as that is what it is made for.

Illustrator or InDesign are not good tools for that, since they produce static results, which you cannot interact with. On top of that, they are not less complicated than Photoshop, if not more. Xd's interface is rather simple and only has the tools you will actually need.

Webflow would be good for making an actual working website, but it does require some coding and HTML/CSS knowledge, and is slower than Adobe Xd. With Xd you also have plugins which have prebuilt elements and it will be much faster to make a wireframe.

Adobe Xd is a prototyping tool, however. So whatever you make is not going to be an actual functioning website or an app, but just a prototype. You can export the visual assets later and you will need development skills to make a working website or app out of them. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Which software is better for UI/UX design for beginner?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new student to UI/UX.  I need to choose a software for wireframe and creating an app.  They suggest Illistrator or InDesign.  Which is better for UI/UX design for a beginer?  I already have photoshop and its overwhelming.  I also heard that webflow was good.  

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

For UI//UX, Adobe Xd is a better option, since you can make working prototypes and it's a relatively easy process, as that is what it is made for.

Illustrator or InDesign are not good tools for that, since they produce static results, which you cannot interact with. On top of that, they are not less complicated than Photoshop, if not more. Xd's interface is rather simple and only has the tools you will actually need.

Webflow would be good for making an actual working website, but it does require some coding and HTML/CSS knowledge, and is slower than Adobe Xd. With Xd you also have plugins which have prebuilt elements and it will be much faster to make a wireframe.

Adobe Xd is a prototyping tool, however. So whatever you make is not going to be an actual functioning website or an app, but just a prototype. You can export the visual assets later and you will need development skills to make a working website or app out of them. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 1
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this reply. It is very much appreciated.

Cherrise Clarke

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Spas K, XD is the way to go for wireframing, UX and UI design. InDesign is primarily for print layout (although it can export digital files), and Illustrator is a good vector drawing tool, but has no prototyping features. UI/UX design is what XD was made for!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Figma.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0