• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White screen of death!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I, like many in the forums, am experiencing a white screen that then closes after a few moments with no error message when launching Adobe XD. I bought a brand new laptop specifically to use Adobe XD since my desktop was outdated. I spent all day today trying all of the different solutions here in the forums, and none of them have worked. I'm getting super discouraged and quite miffed. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

FIXED! Adobe Support was able to use "Screen Share" to do the fix for me. I believe the fix was the one that mentioned the "Event Viewer", but I did not see them uninstall the Microsoft C++ packages.

Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide any details of your operating system or version of XD, but this sounds like a Windows issue. Have you tried this? Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. I have the newest version of Windows (I just bought the laptop today). I did try that link, and many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptops can be (and often are) shipped with old versions of an OS, so be sure to run all available updates. Also specific version numbers are more useful than saying latest version (in case Adobe techs read this).

I'd recommend contacting Adobe Support directly. This is a user supported forum, and while some Adobe staff to check out the XD forums, Adobe Support may be the best route for this issue.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tips. My version of Windows is version 1809 (OS Build 17763.348) and I updated everything as soon as I received it. I did contact support, but they kept on passing me onto the next tech, and then stopped replying altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe Support let you down, maybe this isn't an easy thing to troubleshoot. Someone said updating their graphics card's driver worked for them. You may have to go to their website to get the latest driver, not use the OS updater.

Beyond that, I'd just be Googling answers to help you. Sorry I can't be more help.

Have you tried Adobe phone support? Maybe one the Adobe XD staff will see this and be able to help. Give them some time to see it and respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience, we will try and do better. Would it be possible to share your Adobe ID along with your case number over a private message? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. I will check our records, and get back to you.

Also, to be sure, did the team try the solution in this doc Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows​ ?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED! Adobe Support was able to use "Screen Share" to do the fix for me. I believe the fix was the one that mentioned the "Event Viewer", but I did not see them uninstall the Microsoft C++ packages.

Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines