• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows "Scale and layout" settings + Adobe XD, multiple problems

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using large monitor, you will, most likely, use Windows native "Scale and layout" property. I am using 125% on my 2560p monitor.

All other Adobe products only adapt the UI, but not the XD. XD is trying to adapt the work surface as well, which leads to many misunderstandings and problems, especially in combinations with other products.

List of problems
1) Every imported / pasted image became blurry, no matter what. Only way to prevent it its a manual resize to 80%. This is correct behavior for this type of adaptation, but annoying.

2) Copy / Paste raster elements leads to a strange bug when the inserted copy is 25% larger than the original. (This is definitely a bug, most likely scaling simply reassigns the zoom field numbers from 100 -> 125%, since this is exactly the behavior that will be if you take a screenshot from a picture zoomed to 125%. Look at the attached images, as it is difficult to explain with the text only)Screenshot_3.png

3) Make pixel-perfect work impossible, because you always see a slightly "blurry" result.

Decision:

Bring XD in line with other products, and use only UI scaling. If for some reason this is not a bug, but a feature, make it possible to disable this feature.

(As for the rest, XD is a great product and I am now transferring our company entirely to work with it. Thanks!)

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the team for making improvements in the future. 

Thank you for using Adobe XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines