Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows version vs Mac version Compatibility issue

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

We are experiencing an issue where a file created in the windows app seems to be incompatible with the mac app.

Even though the mac app is the latest version and up to date from the Creative Cloud library.

Any advicevoiceapp.jpg?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

I tried creating a file on Windows and opening it on Mac, works perfect for me. It is unlikely that your issue is related to the OS.

Can you try creating a basic file in XD running on Windows, save it, and then open it on Adobe XD on a Mac OS?

Also, I can test your file if you can share it with me. You can upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.  To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating a file on Windows and opening it on Mac, works perfect for me. It is unlikely that your issue is related to the OS.

Can you try creating a basic file in XD running on Windows, save it, and then open it on Adobe XD on a Mac OS?

Also, I can test your file if you can share it with me. You can upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.  To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue right now, with both versions on PC and mac updated. I can create test file on windows and It will give a "This file was created on a higher version" error on mac, but when I create a file on my mac it works perfectly on Windows. Both versions are fully updated. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, very annoying and causing me a lot of troubles working remotely. When I save a file in Windows I can't open it in Mac. Both OS with the last version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and then installing the app again.

In my case, I installed on Windows later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. A co-worker created an XD file on Windows and I am unable to open it on my MacScreen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.12.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's opposite for me, mac version won't open on PC

edit: The old XD trys to update but won't, in CC there is no update avilable for XD. In the main CC area I scrolled down and manually installed the new xd. Adobe UX in the cc app is busted, which I guess should be a warning not to use their stuff for UX/UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adam,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. You can keep the app up to date automatically by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines