• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows: Why is there no top menu?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no topmenu on the Windows version of Adobe XD?

Im talking about this part "File Edit Object View Window Help".

Its just an empty space..

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a UWP design paradigm that we are following. You will be able to find everything file-related in the hamburger menu, and everything object-related either in a context menu or in the property inspector. Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So because you are following a "UWP design paradigm" there is, no top menu just like in all the other adobe softwares? That's kind of sad and a bad UX, many of your costumers are used to using Illustrator or Photoshop imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, and I invite you to upvote the feature in UserVoice: Full featured top menu for Windows 10 – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

One of the things we committed to was a fully native experience in both Mac and Windows, which means following by default paradigms that the OS introduces, not necessarily ones that all other Adobe apps have through years of legacy design. Windows UWP is significantly different than Win32, both from an architectural and design standpoint, so I understand where you might have expectations that aren't met.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have an issue with this - working in windows 10.

I cannot see the equivalent of the 'View' menu within the hamburger menu. Where I would expect to find a way of showing / hiding panels eg the assets panel. At the moment I have the assets panel on the left and the editing panel on the right, which I can neither show or hide. As I am working on a tablet, I have an imperceptible space in the middle for my design. I can probably do a mobile design but it is impossible for desktop.

Can you help me with this matter?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have an issue with this - working in windows 10. (Sorry I think I posted this reply to  the wrong person)

I cannot see the equivalent of the 'View' menu within the hamburger menu. Where I would expect to find a way of showing / hiding panels eg the assets panel. At the moment I have the assets panel on the left and the editing panel on the right, which I can neither show or hide. As I am working on a tablet, I have an imperceptible space in the middle for my design. I can probably do a mobile design but it is impossible for desktop.

Can you help me with this matter?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for reaching out. If you want to hide your asset, layer or plugin panel, you can simply double click on any of the panel and it will be hidden. The right side property panel cannot be hidden.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame that XD is incredibly clunky...no top menu, hand tool is awkward and works only half the time.   I cannot even find a way to UNDO something.  Because of this I'm going to have to find and learn a new tool for UX wireframing and design.  I love all of my other Cloud apps.  But XD is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am now having to explore another program as well, since ironically this is for user interface designers and is absolutely falling beyond "ancient quark levels" regarding user friendly applications. I have spent hours today trying to figure this out only to have reality set in. I do not understand why this is so different than the interfaces of other adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines