• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't import SVG file correctly

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed since the last update, I can't import an SVG file correctly. The shapes come in but the gradient does not. The SVG file was created in Illustrator and opens fine in Illustrator. Copying and pasting from Illustrator either turns the gradient into a solid colour or it flips it upside down. I have placed this file before and has never done this until the last update. Even the colours are different from the old file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html

There is some features that are under development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScSmith,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to import the SVG file into XD. When you say that it started happening from the last update, could you please tell us the OS and XD version of your machine? If possible, please share the video with us for a better understanding?

Is it happening with a specific file to all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS 10.14.6 – XD 30.2.12.3

In the example highlighted, you can see the gradient is upside down. This was placed, if I copy and paste it the gradient disappears and becomes solid. The logo above the selected was imported before the update(s).

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.59.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Would you mind updating XD to the current version XD 31 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue?

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and it still does it. 

It's either XD not importing correctly or Illustrator not exporting correctly.

I think it's XD since I can't copy and paste it either from Illustrator.

Is there a way I can give you the file I'm trying to import to examine?

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figure out how to fix the problem, don't save as SVG in Illustrator, instead, export as SVG. Why this makes a difference makes no sense to me. I also noticed Illustrator's save as alters the vector art, exporting does alter the artwork but very little. To me, this is a bug in Illustrator. Both actions should create the same artwork but it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines