Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working Input Fields

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we design Apps with a lot of forms in it. So in order to present our new App-Interfaces to customers or to test these interfaces we need high fidelity prototypes. The only thing holding us back is that we are unable to make actual working Input fields. We experience that the customers and the test persons are visible confused by the "realistic" appearance of the prototypes but the inability to actual type something into the input fields.

What we need would be an Input field where the customer or test person can type in something an it gets displayed in the input field. Just a simple display without any storing would be enough. Are there any plans to implement something like this in any future version of XD?

TOPICS
Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Not to speak on Adobe's behalf, but I wouldn't count on it. There's been a uservoice request for that and it's been "Under Review" for 4 years now:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13183851-text-input-field-with-actions-based-on-value

Xd has a long way to go even for the simpler elements (component states & hovers still don't work properly), and I doubt such functionality has been planned for the near future.

I know Axure RP has the high fidelity c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to speak on Adobe's behalf, but I wouldn't count on it. There's been a uservoice request for that and it's been "Under Review" for 4 years now:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13183851-text-inpu...

Xd has a long way to go even for the simpler elements (component states & hovers still don't work properly), and I doubt such functionality has been planned for the near future.

I know Axure RP has the high fidelity capabilities you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working with Axure since years now and I'm just getting tired. The problem with Axure RP is, that you'll find plenty of bugs and other problems too all the time and you end up writing them emails and Tweets.
But I think there's a plugin for XD called Anima

you could use to make such interactions possible (never tried it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines