• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would XD be compatible with the new Macbook (M1 chip)

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning to buy the new Macbook (which the M1 chip). however not sure if XD would be compatible with the new chip. Also if it has to run on rosetta, would it impact the performance? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Hi All,

I am sorry for the delay in response. With XD 40 release, the team has released XD beta for apple silicon. Please check out this article for all the questions related to the new M1 processor: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/big-sur-apple-silicon-rosetta-emulation.ug.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as Correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also waiting to hear on this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running XD on a new M1 MacBook Air and haven't spotted any compatibility issues working directly on XD cloud documents. Very interested in seeing the native apps roll out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have asked the concern from the team and waiting for their response so that I can provide you all with the correct information.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Have you got an answer from them ?

Thx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Could you please tell me more about Ur experience with XD, it's been a month now 😆

Thx a lot for giving me some details ✌🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have been trying to run XD on my new mac mini M1, but gives me blank home screen ...

I can open local XD files though.. but no luck using cloud XD files. Help Please... are

Regds

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 16.54.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe XD on my Macbook Air M1 for a couple of hours now so thought I should put it out there that it's working complete fine for now. The experience I'm getting is the same as on my PC. I'll put in an update if I run into any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thx for the infos you've given. Can you tell me more about the extensive usage you've had with it ?? It's been a month now

I plan to but one, but as I use Adobe XD daily I want to know wether it works perfect 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use XD day-to-day for work on an M1 Macbook air, 16GB memory connected via USB-C to an external monitor.  I've had no unusual XD issues over a month of regular use.  I upgraded from a 15" Macbook Pro from 2016 with a dedicated graphics card and generally, the performance and stability seem to be substantially better.  There have been a hand full of XD updates as well which could account for some of the improvements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am sorry for the delay in response. With XD 40 release, the team has released XD beta for apple silicon. Please check out this article for all the questions related to the new M1 processor: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/big-sur-apple-silicon-rosetta-emulation.ug.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as Correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few hours of rebooting, restarting apps and more...

The new M1 mini DOES NOT work well with XD.

only one of my existing XD files will open at all.

The others spin and nothing happens.

ALSO- the Creative Cloud App is frozen on brand new mini. So at the end of day- XD fails on new M1 chip.

Adobe PLEASE hurry with the native app!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that there is an M1 version of creative cloud that must be installed first, then XD runs fine. A little slow but not bad. Maybe you cpould make that a little more obvious, instead I spent an hour on support.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thanks for this information, because I have been searching for days now. 😣 Can you please tell me where I can find the M1 version? Thankyou! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it going to take too long before your release an M1-compatible version of Xd? 

We've been waiting for the past 4 months! 

Thx 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines