• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 30 running extremely slow, file size huge

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found XD to be extremely slow since the 30.0 update. I have been working on a new project that takes 3~5 minutes to open and another 3~5 minutes to save. XD often freezes for minutes at a time when I am making just simple changes or zooming in on an artboard. The file is also very large (over 100mb) even though I only have about 20 artboards.

I am using both linked components, scroll areas and stacks for the first time so I don't know if any of these new features is affecting the speed or file size. The design system that I using (Salesforce Lightning Design) uses a lot of nested components and a new component for every icon, but I have built similar setups in XD files before and, even with 10 times the number artboards, often the file size is no more than 25mb. Older projects still seem to work fine its just this new project that is an issue.

Really not sure what is causing the difference in performance and file size. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

XD Version: 30.2.12.3

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Surface Laptop 2

Intel Core i5-8350CPU @ 1.7GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory 8GB

Intel UHD Graphics 620

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been playing around with the file and I think the file size and performance has to due with component states. I have not used these very much up until now. Adding several states to components used often in the design causes the file size to balloon and the performance to decrease considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're also experiencing the same issue. We've even tried rebuilding the file and creating new components which has helped a little but not completely solved this issue. Have there been any fixes to this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines