• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 33.0.12.8 / Windows 10 - Save as local document renders artboard unresponsive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per title. Using latest XD version 33.0.12.8, Windows 10:2004 (19041.508). 16GB Ram, Intel i7-8700K 3.7ghz (not overclocked) with nVidia 1660Ti Super 8GB, driver version 446.14 (This is not lastest nVidia driver but this is normal practice for me as new drivers can cause issues with some games I play so I tend to wait a month or two and stay with stable driver release - not been an issue previously.)

Issue seems to be only when I make a local document save to a network drive that the artboard becomes unresponsive. The UI continues to work and I can select things on the panels, right click and access menus, etc. but the actual artboard interface stops drawing so I can't make any changes. Only way to fix issue is to close XD and reopen file. Cloud save works fine.

Sorry if already reported - checked search and nothing came up - there is also no Topic for reporting an issue if it's not known... 😉

TOPICS
Data loss , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Thanks for sharing the details. Glad to hear you're not facing the issue at your work PC. Please let us know if you experience the issue again in future while working from home PC.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reaching out. I was unable to reproduce this on my end, I am using the same version of XD on Windows 10. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  2. Is this happening with a specific network drive or multiple?
  3. Would you mind sharing a small video of what exactly is happening on your end?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, 

sorry for delay getting back to you, email notification went to a different folder in my inbox 🙂

Unfortunately the problem only occurs on my working from home machine and I've been back in the office since but I can answer some of your questions now…

1) It happens on multiple files.

2) I only connect to the one via a VPN and the connection is quite slow – I think this may have something to do with it.

3) Can't do a video for a while as not WFH currently sorry so can't help here!

As mentioned in my second point I am starting to believe this could be due to the slow VPN connection speed as on one occasion I just left XD for 10–15 minutes and eventually the artboard responded to input again. Hopefully that helps somewhat. Thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details. Glad to hear you're not facing the issue at your work PC. Please let us know if you experience the issue again in future while working from home PC.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines