Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Animations are slow and burry.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After recent update, animations in XD are blurry and slow. Can anybody help me on this one, please?

Cheers!

Malini

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

I have a feeling it's because of the size. 1920 is a large size that's bigger than the average desktop display, and honestly I wish XD did not default to that size. Only about 20% of people have a 1920 display, leaving 80% with another resolution (1280–1440 is the most common range) https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

I recommend designing for the 1280–1440 desktop size because it's more typical (although it's OK if you also want to do an alternative for 1920).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malini,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. Could you please share the prototype link with us so that we can check at our end? Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am using the 31.2.12 version of XD on Mac Catalina version 10.15.6

I am pretty new to XD prototyping, will figure out, and share the file as soon as I can!

Cheers!

Malini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is your artboard that you're animating on? If it's too big it might be getting scaled down and maybe that's affecting performance and display quality?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dan,

I am using an artboard size of 1080 by 1920 and I noticed the animation is slow if I keep the preview window maximized. It works fine if the window is minimized, wasn't the case earlier though.

Cheers!

Malini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a feeling it's because of the size. 1920 is a large size that's bigger than the average desktop display, and honestly I wish XD did not default to that size. Only about 20% of people have a 1920 display, leaving 80% with another resolution (1280–1440 is the most common range) https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

I recommend designing for the 1280–1440 desktop size because it's more typical (although it's OK if you also want to do an alternative for 1920).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines