• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Bug: Red flashing canvas application becomes unusable, application restart required

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running the latest version of XD on MacOs Catilina on MacBook Pro. I have been experiencing this problem for a while now over several version. 

Bug details:

When using XD the canvas / editing area suddenly starts flashing red and becomes unusable. When mouse movement stops canvas becomes solid red.

Have to completely restart XD to fix the problem, unsaved work often lost [UPDATE:] with autosave to the cloud occassionally unsaved work seems to be lost - think this could be due to the app being restarted before it's had a chance to send (/save) latest changes to the cloud.

Please see the attached video for an example.

Please fix.........

Thanks

Liam  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. Could you please confirm if the issue is fixed in XD 32.1 version?

Please update the discussion if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be experiencing the same problem and I've been seeing this happen ever since I've updated it this week. (I am on a version 31.2.12.4). I have seen this on both on my Mac OS without an external monitor and with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly had this issue over the past week.  I don't know what triggered it previously but in this instance, I was toggling a fill within a shape in a component state when it began.  Restarting seems to temporarily resolve the issue.

Thanks,

DougScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.00.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.00.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble. There is a bug already logged for the issue and the team is investigating on the issue. I would also suggest if it's possible for you to update the operating system and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I'm running the latest version of XD and MacOS.  XD starts out fine, but then starts taking up more and more memory until all physical memory is used and then I start getting the flashing red and then solid red in the XD window.  Other applications still work normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also The same problem, At first I thaught its might be from one of the plugins when they try to get update. But it wasn't! I am really getting pissed as it is really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with red flashing in XD. Would you mind checking if your operating system is pending for any updates? If you are not on the updated macOS version. Please try to update it to the latest version of mac and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue. Has there been any fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raquel,

Sorry for the trouble using XD. The team is aware of the issue and is working on it. You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD. If you are not on the updated macOS version. Please try to update it to the latest version of mac if possible and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. Could you please confirm if the issue is fixed in XD 32.1 version?

Please update the discussion if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not experienced it recently, so it *may* be resolved.  As of right now it appears to be, but I will report back if it happens again.

Thanks,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirmation. Please feel free to update the discussion in case you face the issue again.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me still It happens ( just last night! ) even in the latest version. I feel like once I have more than 5 arboarts or when the amount of the artboard are more than 5 or 6 then the issue start happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and informing that you're still experiencing the issue. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your about XD info page and the OS you're working on? 

We will try our best to investigate.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, did you have any luck figuring out how to resolve the red screen in Adobe XD? Looks like I will have to switch to Sketch. This is way too annoying. It happened today at least 3 times.

Sami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sami,

Sorry for the delay in response. I checked the status of this bug and it looks like the issue is fixed with XD 33 release as well. Could you please check if you are on the latest version of XD 33.1? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines