• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Bug: Red flashing canvas application becomes unusable, application restart required

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running the latest version of XD on MacOs Catilina on MacBook Pro. I have been experiencing this problem for a while now over several version. 

Bug details:

When using XD the canvas / editing area suddenly starts flashing red and becomes unusable. When mouse movement stops canvas becomes solid red.

Have to completely restart XD to fix the problem, unsaved work often lost [UPDATE:] with autosave to the cloud occassionally unsaved work seems to be lost - think this could be due to the app being restarted before it's had a chance to send (/save) latest changes to the cloud.

Please see the attached video for an example.

Please fix.........

Thanks

Liam  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. Could you please confirm if the issue is fixed in XD 32.1 version?

Please update the discussion if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble with XD flickering red and thanks for sharing the video. We would like to know a few more details like-

• The screenshot of your about XD info page.
  • Have you noticed any specific action triggering this behaviour?
  • Is this happening with every file or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see the info screens below. Operating system (and assuming graphics drivers as macOs) are upto date.

It happens on a variety of files - more often when:

• Files become quite big - lots of artboards, states and prototyping links
  • Multiple files open at the same time (one file will become affected but others will be ok)

Feels like it could be a resource issue as often will have a problem with a file then it'll be fine for a while then it'll happen again. At this time other programs continue to operate fine without being impacted so seems to be contained to XD.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Liam

xd info.jpgsystem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info, Liam. Would you mind sharing a sample file and generate the logs using this link; https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message so that I can log a bug for your issue? Are you using any external monitor? 

For the lost work, could you please check out this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col... and see if you are able to recover the lost work by following the steps suggested in the post?

Note: Please share the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on OSX Mojave.
No specific trigger detected so far, comes out of the blue when interactingBildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 09.55.44.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 09.48.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if you use an external monitor along with the primary screen? If yes, I'd recommend testing it without the additional external monitor and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use an external monitor.

Next time it happens (all too frequently now) i will unplug the monitor and see if the effect continues on the laptop screen (i'm pretty sure that it does). I suspect that this may be a memory (leak?) issue, see other/next post

Thanks

Liam  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Update]

Had this happen with 2 small, pretty simple files open and suspect that this could be a memory (leak?) problem as when inspected machine resources via Activity Monitor it reports that XD is consuming an excessive amount of memory.

The memory usage continued to rise even when nothing was being done in XD (could see it flashing red in the background)

Excessive memory.jpg 

Please please please fix......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying without the external monitor. Could you please share the asked info in my previous response over a PM so that I can escalate this to the team and log a bug for the issue?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I completely missed your msg.

Next time it happens i'll capture and PM the info over 👍

Have a great weekend,

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent over the logs etc. as requested 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the logs. I have sent you a reply to the private message.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At random times while working my screen starts flashing RED in the design area until eventually the entire design area is RED and I can't get to anything. The only way to fix this is to restart XD. I've attached a video. V31.2.12.4 on macOS 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony gray and Trickybasil,

We are sorry for the frustration. Would you mind sharing the information asked in the correct answer to this post so that we can investigate the issue and escalate the issue to the team?

Note: Please add the url of this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to follow up on the post. Would you mind telling us if you're still experiencing the issue or it has been resolved?

If no, please share the information asked over a private message so that we can investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Update- The team has logged a bug for the issue and is investigating on it. We will update you as soon as we hear back from the team. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, still having these issues.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sometimes my screen start blinking in Red as shown in the attached video.

I have not seen this issue before, but it has happened 2 times since last week and the blinking is just in the XD artboard area.

Not in other Apps at the same time

Thanks a Lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. For the customers who are on mojave 10.14. 5, we would request you to please update your operating system. If you still face the same issue, please share a few more details so that we can investigate and escalate it to the team-

1. The version of Adobe XD and the macOS.
  2. Do you use an external monitor along with primary screen? If yes, I'd recommend testing this without any external monitor.
  3. Next time when it happens, please make a note of the time stamp, and please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Note: You can share the logs by adding it to a shared cloud storage and then sending it through DM by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject while sending a DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having exactly the same issue.

I'm using Adobe XD 31.0.12.23, MacOS 10.14.6. It's a 15-inch 2018 MacBook Pro with a Vega 16 4GB card. Two external 4k displays attached via thunderbolt.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.44.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the delay in response. We have the current version of XD available 31.1. Would you mind updating XD and let us know if the issue persists?

If that doesn't help, please generate the logs asked by Rishabh in this post and share it with any of us over a private message.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my machine. 

donatasj2129861_0-1596570134327.png

donatasj2129861_2-1596570204078.png

Kind regards

Donatas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the same red flickering screens since the last couple of updates. I am on the latest version of Adobe XD V31.2.12 and I am using a MacBook Pro without any external monitors. This is really annoying. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donatas and Shivangi,

We are sorry for the frustration and thanks for sharing the OS and XD versions of your machine. Would you mind sharing the logs with any of us over a private message so that we can escalate the issue to the team for investigation purposes? Please generate the logs using the link shared by Rishabh and share the URL with us.

Note: Please do include the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines