• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Codediting documents crashing my machine if I use audio chat (Meet, Slack etc).

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my Mac began crashing during video calls. Usually it takes out the app itself first. Then if I try again it takes out the whole OS. I realised today that it is happening exactly as I open any XD doc that has co-editing enabled. Tested this morning by opening XD and Photoshop. Viewing local files and Cloud files fine. As soon as I opened a co-edit enabled XD file Slack started throwing network errors and it crashed. Then my whole OS crashed. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Well after no other response I attemped a clean install of my OS then installed XD. 
Machine crashed immeditaley. Was about to order a new machine as I figured it must have been a harware issue.

As a last minute gambit I used the system profiler and realised that my network traffic and CPU were both crazy high as a baseline. I started googling any errors that were jumping out in my error logs. 

I realised that I needed to restet the NVRAM. It worked!

https://www.macworld.com/article/2881177/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and macOS.
  2. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  3. Please collect and share crash logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.html

You can add the logs to a shared location like DropBox or iCloud and share the link through DM, by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh.

Thanks for your fast response. I am unable to work and up against a tight deadline.

I have wiped my hard drive and done a clean install and I seem to still be having the same issue.

It's very odd and seems to have started happening out of the blue.

XD Version: 36.1.32.5

OS Version 11.1 Big Sur 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well after no other response I attemped a clean install of my OS then installed XD. 
Machine crashed immeditaley. Was about to order a new machine as I figured it must have been a harware issue.

As a last minute gambit I used the system profiler and realised that my network traffic and CPU were both crazy high as a baseline. I started googling any errors that were jumping out in my error logs. 

I realised that I needed to restet the NVRAM. It worked!

https://www.macworld.com/article/2881177/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines