• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd crash - is there any backup like in Ps?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Adobe Xd 2017 updated Jan 22
  • MacBook Pro "15 mid 2015
  • MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47)
  • Intel Iris Pro 1536 mb
  • 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

I've sent a report to Adobe after crash, but anyway - is there any possibility to open a temporary file that is usually created by Adobe software during usage?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hey guys, starting with XD 8.0 (released yesterday), you will no longer lose your work in the event of a crash or some other event that causes XD to terminate unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I know, there isn't an auto-recover feature in Adobe XD.  I think this is the feature you are looking for Auto Save (in case of system crash) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

The team is looking into this request. Until the feature makes it to the software, please save your files regularly to avoid losing your work.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Test for production: Ability to post in Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue with Windows version as well, XD randomly just crashed. I lost most of the work I did in the last 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD started crashing with the latest update. It happens randomly, and I seem to be losing all my work. Just need to save often...

Using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team understands the urgency of this feature and is working towards implementing it. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, starting with XD 8.0 (released yesterday), you will no longer lose your work in the event of a crash or some other event that causes XD to terminate unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radustavila

My colleagues XD just crashed and he lost a whole days work even though he was periodically saving (it seems as though it didn't actually save). He updated his XD this am so he should be running the latest version, is there anyway we can recover his files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the same, described by @shell_eeee, happened to my colleague today, with the latest version of XD. He says he was saving his file as usual by pressing cmd+S, and everything seemed normal - no errors, dialogs or crashes. But then he saved and closed the file (no additional dialogs appeared) and when he re-opened that file - it was like the file and all the changes were not saved at all during previous session. Half day of work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same just happened to me losing half a day work. Really frustrating - have been saving with cmd+S all day and XD crashed and the file is one from two days ago............

I updated my XD to the latest version two days ago, but after restarting my computer again today after the crash mentioned above, creative cloud prompted me to update XD again - can't see on the adobe website any indication of a new update since the 14th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

radustavila  wrote

The update didn't fix this issue.

XD version 8.0.22.11 crashed on me today in the same way. Despite saving the XD file in question multiple times via CMD+S while I was working on it over the course of hours, XD crashed, and none of my changes were saved. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had XD (v28.9.12.2) (and which I'm new to) lose two days work. 

Honestly, I havn't 'saved' anything for years.  Wasn't that something we did in the 90s and 00s???

Seeing "You'll need to save your file or you will lose recent changes", and choosing save, only to see "Your file could not be saved", and the app shuts down. 

Seriously? In 2020????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? Where is the fix?

F***************************K! i lost all my day! AHHHHHHHHHG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this same thing happen to me. Lost a days worth of work!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Please see my reply here: Re: Adobe XD Crashed! I had saved my file, and when I reopened, it was not saved!

A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same thing happen to me 2 days in a row. Have the latest version. I have now lost 6 hours of work. I think it is time to switch back to Sketch 😕  I was really hoping I could stick with Adobe on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Adobe XD 8.1 fixes this issue and is now live, please check the Apps section in the Adobe Creative Cloud (use "Check for App Updates" if you can't see the update yet).

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have any way to get the latest. It says I have 8.0.22.11 but there is no ability to update. "Check for App Updates" is also greyed out.

I am on a new imac with High Sierra. So I don't think it is a limitation of my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try logging out and logging back into the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD is frequently crashing. It seems to be able to recover.

However, it should not crash this much. I think, it is related to some other issues with Win10 updates. Usually, if MS Tasks app does not start, I also have a lot of crashes with the XD.

To fix this, the only solution I have found so far is to restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines