• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crash wiped part of my work from the file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working naturally, without problems and the file was saving to cloud normally. After some hours of work, i return to my computer from a short break, and discover that XD crashed. "No problem, my work is in the cloud", i thought. I clicked to send the crash report, to help the developing team. And then i cliked to re-open my working file... Part of the work was gone!

I checked the XD file history and discover there is a saving hiatus from 10:56 and 15:11. There are no records there. I know for sure that i've been saving. Ever since Photoshop 5 that i have this habit of hitting CTRL+S. CONSTANTLY! It's like built-in in my keypress mantra when i work. I don't even think about it.

I searched online for help, browsing the LocalState folder on Windows, return the same file, without my work...

It's saved, ok? Where can i find all the records from 10:56 and 15:11? I also updated the prototype link between this time period, and the work is in the prototype too (another proof that it should have automatically saved, as XD does that when we create a prototype link). Is there a backup anywhere with my work? Can i fetch the vector artwork from the prototype, at least, if so how?

Thanks in advance...

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Open and save docs , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please check this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/td-p/10703548?page=1

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please check this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines