Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashes on start

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir/madam,

I am using Adobe XD on OS Mac Mojave (v10.14.1). Since recently, I am not able to start the application anymore. It crashes immediately after start without any error message.

I already tried to reinstall XD and also to disable all user fonts in the Font book (as suggested in one of the discussions on your forum), but it did’n help.

The crash log file is available here: Dropbox - Adobe XD_2019-01-31-214728_Markos-iMac.crash.

I kindly ask for help,

Regards,

Marko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Have you completely logged out of Creative Cloud (not quit) and rebooted your mac? The current OS is 10.14.2. Try signing out of CC, update your OS - requires a restart and then sign back in to your creative cloud account.

Do you have a second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely logged out of Creative Cloud (not quit) and rebooted your mac? The current OS is 10.14.2. Try signing out of CC, update your OS - requires a restart and then sign back in to your creative cloud account.

Do you have a second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marko,

The crash references something like `BaseDirConfig::initBaseDir`.

Are there any permission problems with you users' Library folder?

Like, in Terminal, run

ls -l ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe

And It should show drwx-... and your username for each of the subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I do have this permission problem with /Library/Application/... but this is not new. I have been receiving this message from the first day I installed XD. I didn't' took it seriously as everything worked ok. Until recently that XD started crashing.

I am now upgrading the OS to the last version (as you suggested in your first answer) and when this is done I will try to change permissions to the above folder. I will let you know if this solves the problem.

Thank you for now,

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upgraded the OS and changed file permissions to the folder ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe  and all its subfolders.

Now XD starts (it does not crash anymore) with the following message: "Cloud documents are not available". In the message dialog box there is a link "Learn how to fix this issue" leading to this page: Issue saving xd files to creative cloud.​ But on this page there is now information about this issue. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Adobe CC has just been updated and now everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear everything is working again. Thanks for the update Marko.

Do you have Always keep Creative Cloud up to date turned on in your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I do. I don't know why CC updated only when I signed out and then signed in again.

Regards,

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines