Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashes when pasting vectors from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

In the most recent update, I've noticed there's a bug when pasting vector from Illustrator to XD.

I copy a shape from Illustrator and then, in XD, I select the artboard where I want to paste it (or an object just to paste the shape above that object) and it crashes, it closes automatically (I attached a video).

Sometimes I have to select first an object inside a component and paste the shape inside it, so it won't crash. If I manage to paste something from Illustrator without crashing, it looks like the bug is gone and then I can paste normally even when selecting only the artboard.

Is this only happening to my system?

I'm using Adobe XD version 33.1.12.4

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Hello @ealbit , @Po6bI4 

@ealbit , first of all, thank you so much for taking the time to raise the issue and also to help us to reproduce the issue on our end. 

Wanted to inform you that the bug was fixed in XD 35. After the update is available please do get the latest version so that you save those extra steps and paste shapes directly to XD.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try exporting the content as SVG or any image file from Illustrator using the Export for selection and then try importing the file into XD and see if that works. If that doesn't work either, please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, thank you for the quick response.

Yes, it works normally. If I save it as SVG in Illustrator, then I can import it normally to XD. I'll keep that workflow for now.

Hope the bug gets fixed so I could save those extra steps and paste shapes directly to XD.

Thank you ✌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that works while importing the file. To investigate the cause of the crash while using the other workflow, would you mind sharing the original Illustrator document so that we can try reproducing the issue on our end, along with the system logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Yes, here's the Illustrator file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ePy6IDdjOFrbAn59jtiXmpTbKmINcfho/view?usp=sharing

I downloaded the log collector and proceeded, it says the log has been uploaded.

Please let me know if I'm missing some part of the steps.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem:( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ealbit , @Po6bI4 

@ealbit , first of all, thank you so much for taking the time to raise the issue and also to help us to reproduce the issue on our end. 

Wanted to inform you that the bug was fixed in XD 35. After the update is available please do get the latest version so that you save those extra steps and paste shapes directly to XD.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines